Thứ Bảy, 7 tháng 4, 2012

Annnnd the Internet Continues to Makes Live Girlfriends Redundant (Thanks for Nothing, GirlfriendHire.com)



Ladies, we've been outsourced once again by a new site, GirlfriendHire.com. Then again, what if we are all the girlfriends for hire and we don't even know it? (Cue Twilight Zone theme.)

Last I checked, most guys don't want their girlfriends blowing up their Facebook wall,but according to a recent post we spotted on TheFrisky, apparently a new site's planning to make a killing on just that. Because this is the future! The website links up dudes with girls who are willing to establish any kind of remote, semi-sexual but not explicit relationship with them in exchange for $5. Apparently this includes sexting, letters, video messages, help with homework, Facebook bombing, sending you pictures, sharing what the site's calling "female secrets" (tell me?!) and even staging an electronic breakup when the time comes.

Here are some of the requests from actual guys:

"Have a fake Facebook fling / relationship to make GF jealous."
"Flirt with this guy so his gf breaks up with him."
"Be my fake girlfriend for 6 months on Facebook. Would like pics together."

And some of the offers from the "girlfriends for hire:"

"I will offer fashion advice for $5! I have an artistic background and have a great eye for patterns and color combinations! I can offer fashion advice..."
"I will _____ for $5. Use your imagination, but not your dirty one ;0)"
"I will fake being your girlfriend on Facebook for $5. I can change my relationship status and be your girlfriend on Facebook during 1 week."
"I will tell you how get any girl for $5 I will help you to make a girl fall in love, or just want to be touched deeeeeep inside by you, if you know what I mean."

Yo, I have no idea what she means, do you?

The funny thing is, aside from sounding like subplots from Cruel Intentions, a lot of these offers and requests sort of correspond with what I've always assumed guys consider the "nagging" elements of a relationship. I always assumed that the constant texting, messaging and gChatting were the things that dudes put up with for the BJ's. But in this BJ-free context, what's the up side besides convincing all your friends you have a girlfriend? Honestly, if I knew a guy who used this service, I'd judge him so hard.



Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét