Thứ Bảy, 7 tháng 4, 2012

The Ultimate Dream Date if You Have a Boatload of Money and a Love of Doom (Or Leonardo DiCaprio)



If you loved the movie Titanic (who didn’t?) and have a ton of extra money (um, who does?), then boy oh boy, do I have the perfect date idea for you. BTW, see what I did there with "boatload"? Ha.

As spotted on Jezebel this weekend, Cullen’s Restaurant in Houston is offering the perfect date package for rich people who love reenacting scenes from a doomed ocean liner: the Titanic Experience. Included in the totally affordable $12,000 package is a 10-course meal of old-timey dishes as served on the Titanic for you and 11 of your closest friends (sounds like a perfect prom plan, kids! Ask Mom and Dad!) and the chance to sample a bottle of Armagnac from the year 1900. The fact that I have no idea what Armagnac is might be a good indicator that I can’t afford this date.

The package was created to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the ship’s sinking on April 15 and coincidentally probably not coincidentally at all, the re-release of the epic film is scheduled for this month as well. You also get to eat at the restaurant’s “Macy’s Table,” a room suspended from the ceiling, which does sound pretty awesome.

All I know is that for that kind of money, I'd prefer that Leonardo DiCaprio himself be waiting for me at the bottom of a grand staircase, with a tuxedo and a smile. Sigh. I’ll never let go, Jack.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét